Most days, my morning starts with CBS This Morning. Last week, newscaster Gayle King interviewed actor Matthew Perry and put his whole life into a neat, yet negative, nutshell:
- You had been on a hit show, Friends.
- You’ve done other shows since and they have not been successful.
- You had a serious drug addiction and struggled with fame.
- You’re starring in a remake of the Odd Couple, which will be tough to make a hit, since the original show was iconic.
- You’ve dated famous women through the years; those relationships didn’t work out. Who are you dating currently?
So she “bullet-pointed” his life, as if this is the sum total of who he is.
For a moment, his face registered real emotion – it seemed to be a combination of surprise, since his show will be on this same network, and hurt, since, like, he’s a human being. Recovering quickly…
View original post 185 more words