I was over visiting Denise’s blog today, My Life in Retirement, and she had posted one of those surveys I just can’t resist! So I’m going to go for it! That was great reading, Denise!
40 Things You Never Wanted to Know about Me
1. Do you like blue cheese? Nope. Gotta be yellow or white.
3. Do you own a gun? No, but his nibs owns a couple and a rifle. And yes, we keep them in a safe.
4. What flavour Kool-Aid? None. They’re all gross. (Right now I’m asking myself why I ever let my kids drink that stuff…)
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor’s appointment? Depends on which dysfunction I’m seeing them about.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I think ABOUT hot dogs as little as possible as like Denise I also know what’s in them. AND like Denise, I still like and eat them now and then.
7. What is your favourite movie? The Lord of the Rings.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? (Don’t laugh! I’m not a Spring chicken anymore!) Boost energy drink for glucose control. I pretend it’s a milk shake. I have a whole ritual. I keep a bag of colored straws in the kitchen drawer and close my eyes and draw one out each morning to drink with. I keep telling his nibs the color predicts what kind of day I’m going to have. 😀
9. Can you do a push-up? A push-up? Good grief! I can barely stand up! If I got down on the floor I’d never GET UP! Though I have slipped on the ice once this winter and I amazed myself when I actually had enough strength to get up before Bran nearly ran over me with the car. (He didn’t see I had fallen at the bottom of the drive and JUST looked up in time! Scared the bloody hell out of him!) (oops… ‘scuse the language.)
10. What’s your favourite piece of jewelry? My wedding rings. Still trying to decide whether to be buried with them on or not as I don’t want anyone else to have them!
11. Do you have a favourite hobby? Cross-stitch, reading, writing, blogging, tatting, cooking, talking to people… (One of those is an outright lie. Can you guess which one?)
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, I use a calculator… 😀
13. Do you wear glasses? Depends on whether I want to see or not.
14. Who was your childhood idol? (Different from teen idol?) Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.
15. Name three thoughts you have right now. Childhood or teenage? My neck hurts. It’s late and I need to go to bed.
16. Name three drinks you consume regularly. Coffee, coke, orange or tomato juice.
17. Current worries. Whether we’ll have enough to live on when his nibs retires… How many more doctor bills am I going to accumulate… Whether I’ll be up to a cruise we have scheduled in April 2019… Will Brandon ever get his life together…
18. Current hates. The “animals” in Washington on BOTH SIDES of the cage. Fish. Looking stupid.
19: Favourite place to be? By the sea or in the forest.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Watching the ball drop in Time Square and toasting with his nibs and Bran.
21. Where would you like to go? Strange as it seems, right now I feel like there’s no place like home.
22. Name three people who will do this. Just three? I have a lot of adventurous friends. Hm… Let’s see… Fim, Linda, Raili, Colleen, Jane, Clare… Heck, who knows?
23. Do you own slippers? Yep. Got ’em on right now.
24. What colour is your shirt? Lounger, navy blue.
25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets? No. I slide off too often.
26. Can you whistle? If you could see the space between my two front teeth, you wouldn’t have to ask.
27. Where are you now? Living room multitasking as I chat with Bran who just got home from work.
28. Would you be a pirate? Absobloominlutely! I have my “Arrrgh, Matey!” down pat! Now all I need is a parrot!
29. Favourite candy? Anything chocolate.
30. Least favourite chore? Anything to do with floors.
31. Favourite food? Italian.
32. What’s in your pocket? No pockets. Hate ’em. They have a way of giving birth to Kleenexes.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? A joke Bran made while teaching a social justice class at church.
34. What’s your favourite animal? Dragonflies (and wolves).
35. What’s your worst injury? Four ruptured discs in my lower back. Got hit in the back by a sledder in 1982.
36. How many TVs in your house? Three if you include Bran’s.
37. Worst pain? Having to have an IV put in. I have no good veins.
38. Do you like to dance? That’s one of those fear of failure things. I wish I was brave enough to just do it! I used to dance with my dad with my feet on his.
39. Are your parents living? No, they both passed away twenty years ago this year. I can’t believe it’s been that long. I miss them every day, and now and then I dial their phone number which has never been given to anyone else in all these years.
40. Do you enjoy camping? I can honestly say there are not many things I dislike more than camping. I prefer my family’s cabin in the Uintah Mountains. It’s called Buckeye Haven.
So there you have the low-down. OR the high points. Depends on your perspective I suppose! LOL 😀